It is easy to keep track of the dollars that go out the door each month when you pay our bills. More difficult to calculate, but just as important to the health of your company, is the cost of the opportunities missed when a customer or prospect calls and there is no one there to answer.
• Are your marketing campaigns generating more inbound call activity than your staff can handle?
• How many prospects do not bother to leave a voicemail message when they call and do not reach a live person? Statistics say that more than 50% of callers will not leave a message if they reach your voicemail. They simply hang up the phone and call someone else.
• How efficient is your sales staff? Are they tied up asking routine questions instead of concentrating their efforts on qualified prospects?
• Are your people spending too much time listening to their voicemails to find the business prospects your future depends on? Typically, we have to listen to messages multiple times to gather all the information. An average American worker takes about 50 seconds to listen to a voicemail. An average American worker takes about 6 seconds to read a text message of that same call.
• What kind of impression does an endlessly ringing telephone or voicemail greeting make on the people trying to reach your company or business? Nothing can replace the positive impact of a courteous and professional live operator answering your calls.
Consider letting an answering service assist you in capturing the sales leads and new business prospects that call you each day. Not only will the answering service save you time gathering the vital information necessary for you to do your job, but they will give your company the professional and friendly image that will set you apart from your competition.